Monday, May 12, 2008

Drive-By Blogging

Monday's Weather: Upward of 4 inches of rain these last 24 hours and cool, like a Michigan Spring. My herbs are doing aerobics in the front.
Monday's Drink: Sorry, but it's left-over Woodbridge Pinot Grigio, which isn't really as bad as all that, but you know...it's Woodbridge.
Monday's Forbidden Link: photo-bombing. Tsk-tsk.

It's late and I haven't blogged in a week. Frequent commenter David has already observed such.
But I realize that often posts should be short, without literary effect; something only slightly more than a Twitter tweet or a scrawled note in high school class.
So here's short, until I'm with enough time, to write something meaningful. Last weekend was punctuated by three events: several hours of gardening on Saturday (in which I moved a full-grown lilac, several established plants, and other mucking about), the Drive-By Truckers' concert late Sat/early Sunday morning at the 930 Club (the coolest rock-n-roll club in the U.S.), and making chicken marsala Sunday afternoon for dinner.

The gardening was great, and perfectly timed. Basil in the ground now, lilac in new home, workin' the dirt in the front yard. Fotos to follow soon. It's a perfect break from stupid work or confused home to plunge a spade deep into the brown soil and turn it over, and then better plant something that will grow, be green, take space, make flowers or become yummy; all in weeks. And of course the smell. The smell of turned earth. Nothing else smells like that.

Drive-By Truckers were a slab of BBQ'd possom all right. Good music, long fucking concert. And you know: even if you're like me (not so inclined to own a DBT CD), they just worked so hard on stage (hitting around 11:30, encore around 1:15, getting home around 2:20) that the just MADE you like them. Which I do.

The marsala...well, you know. Dudes, I'm occasionally brilliant in the kitchen, and made that chicken and noodle dish leap from the pan to the dish. I should elaborate on this, and more more, later. But I'm s'posed to post more and write less. So here's your take-away: 930 Club: amazing.
Oohs and Aahs in DC: you'll never find better soul food. Drive-By Truckers: damn you work hard, boys! I love you for that. My dreams: who was that long-haired charmer who sidled up to me on the couch? My friend DE: let's golf soon. My friend DG: I need to compose less and write better. My partner C: you're my hero. Bro in Spain: keep the info coming, and I'll blog more!

11:1opm, time to post. Will update site with friends' links and more soon. Will also post part 1 of letter for former bf and still beloved J soon.

1 comment:

David said...

To be really efficient with your gardening and blogging you could compost your compositions or have compositions about compost....