Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two Quick Thoughts

Tuesday's weather: Dee-lightful, except my garden all the rain is encouraging the weeds.
Tuesday's drink: Puh-lease. Gin and tonic with lime.
Tuesday's song: "Ever Fallen In Love" by the Buzzcocks


OK, two...or three...quickies.
  1. I have been saying for a week Hillary could carry Pennsylvania by 9 points. I'm sticking to that tonight. MSNBC's co-anchors can't find enough ways to paint anything tonight as a defeat for Clinton - why does she hate Barack so much?? - so to hell with them. (And by the way: why do we give a shit about what Rachel Maddow thinks? Rachel Maddow? Are you freakin' kidding me? Hey Rachel: how many elections you won? How many you worked on? Go take a nap.) So whatevs; Hillary's going to win, period. All this masterbatory time-filling about how much she has to win by is shite. Eat it, Olbermann.
  2. Um...changing the tone quickly, Congrats KA! My friend has just announced she's getting engaged, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Were I straight, and were I her type, I bet I would be living in bizarro-world. But still: she's one of the most honest souls I know. Mazel tov and blessings heaped upon you.
  3. For friends I haven't called in the last couple days (RJ I'm looking your way!), I'm sorry. I'll try and do better.
OK. Sleep well my beauties. Keep hope alive.

5 comments:

Marcus said...

Say Doug,

Congratulations on the blog and your persistance in blogging.

As a resident of the Keystone state, I am so grateful the primary is over. It looks like your prediction was pretty darn close. You got a bookie?

Perhaps later I will dwell on the culture shock of moving from an agricultural red culture to an urban blue, but for now let's just say I'm glad I registered as an independent.

I've got a link suggestion: Pandora (http://www.pandora.com/)
You are probably familiar with it; you might have told me about it. Regardless, it's worth visiting, if only to have one's exquisite taste in music confirmed.

mga

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to run into Buchanan at Tammy's this weekend. He usually shows. I want to needle him a little bit about Rachel Maddow and ask him if he ever thought in a million years he'd be practicing pundity side-by-side with a (neo-marxist) lesbian. The culture war didn't turn out the way he'd hoped, but he still wins every time he's paired with that chick on MSNBC. Go Pat, Go!

David said...

i hate hope.

David said...

I am voting for despair. Can you help identify the candidate of despair?

Marcus said...

I am not sure about the candidate of despair, but there is a website:
http://www.despair.com/

Despair has been commodified!