Thursday, April 17, 2008

DWD Housekeeping

Today's weather: Sunny from start to finish, and warm. You can almost see tree leaves growing.
Today's drink: good old standby Vantage Seltzer. Raspberry flavored.

OK, seems as good a time as any to get some stuff out of the way. And since I very much doubt I'm doing anything other than talking to myself here, I'll continue the delusion by asking myself questions and then answering them.

Why are you doing this?
Ah. Very good question, thank you. I have no idea.
Well, I have some ideas. Perhaps this may be a good way for me to keep in closer contact with friends. Without the time to write everyone individually - save for emails which read more like telegrams but less personal - this may allow me to genuinely articulate what's happening with me. So sorta like a letter in that it's composed, but one I only have to write once.
Or perhaps this will be off site storage for memories. Like an external hard drive for my brain. I find my memory is not at all a steel trap, and in various ways I am lessened by not having perfect recall.
And maybe, just maybe, if I'm real lucky, this will be the perfect way for me to completely embarrass myself and loved ones, and lose my job. Keep Hope Alive!

Speaking of loved ones, what's with the initials?
Mmm-hmm, yes. Thanks for noticing. Another great question.
If the unthinkable happens and people start dropping by my little U-Stor-It here, secrets may be spilled. Feelings may be hurt. So I've decided names won't be named.
All the people who appear here will be real. I assume some of my friends and loved ones will know who some of these people are, but that's assuming a lot. So initials it is. That goes for everyone but me, including my dog. For reference, I may add a little list at the side. But for now that's just crazy talk.

Why do your links suck?
(laughs) Oh, you caught me! No I love questions like this, thanks.
I don't know how tricked out this thing will be. I don't fully know yet who I want to link to. I don't know what sorts of media - other than text - I want to post. I don't know how searchable I want it to be, so I'm not tagging the posts. Yet.
Next question...yes, you in the back?

Yeah, um, this is your third day and you've posted every day? Are you going to do this every day, and do you seriously expect people to be that interested in what you're doing?
Wow, I love this group. Such smart questions. Thanks for that.
Again, I have no idea. And this time I really mean it. Perhaps this will make me a better person. You know, therapy on Wednesdays, gym on Thursday, Saturday, Monday. Watching "The Soup" with C on Fridays. Posting when I come home from work.
Look, we'll see. I know I don't have seven interesting things to say every week, so I'll go easy on you. For now, I'm just getting the hang of this.
OK, last question. Yes?

Yeah, uh...so I hear you like Hillary. So, why do you hate hope?
This press conference is over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear Mojitos are back in fashion. Mighty tastey. I had one earlier :) Highest recommendation!

It's storming in TX again, but all is well here.

-CMH

oh yes... thanks for sharing! I'll visit often :)

Anonymous said...

Not an Obongaloid, eh? I was beginning to feel as if I was exiled to Pandateria, or worse, was getting ready to drink the kool-aid.

Good going, my blog is resting in state; perhaps I'll resurrect it now.

Namaste, SEJ

David said...

There's hope for Hillary...I think undecideds break in her favor giving her upwards of a 12 point victory and once again up-ending the race, and causing superdelegates to pause.